Removal Defense

When someone is detained by Immigration or given a notice to appear in Immigration court, Attorney Jaquez will meet with you and or your family to learn more about your situation so that he can determine what is the best strategy to defend your rights.  Once in removal proceedings AttorneyJaquez can prepare many petitions to obtain relief from the harsh consquences of removal.

Family Petitions

If you have family here in the United States or in your home country outside of the United States, Attorney Jaquez can explain what is the best option to make a petition to obtain permanent residence and or citizenship for your family.


After being a Permanent Resident for 5 years (or 3 years if married to a US Citizen) you can apply to become a US Citizen and then obtain a US passport.

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals

For persons in this country without current immigration status who meet the following requirements, you can obtain a decision of Deferred Action for 2 years along with a valid US Work permit so that you can obtain a drivers license and live and work in this country without the constant fear of deportation.  Requirements:

  1. Have been under the age 31 on June 15, 2012;
  2. Have entered the country before your 16th birthday;
  3. Be able to demonstrate that you were physically present in the United States from June 15, 2007 until today;
  4. Not have any felonies or significant misdemeanors, and not have multiple less significant misdemeanors;
  5. Are currently attending a qualified education program or have earned your high School Diploma or GED.


If you or someone close to you has suffered because you were the victim of a crime then you may be eligible to apply for a U-Visa that can give you a work permit and eventually Permanent residence.